Third Blue Economy Event Successful

Mai Listokin is pictured during the NC State Blue Economy workshop. 

Last weekend, the NC State Blue Economy Innovation Program held the third annual Creating Solutions for the Global Blue Economy workshop. According to Dr. Christopher Osburn, Professor and Director of the Blue Economy Innovation Program at North Carolina State University, says it was a great success with nearly 80 individuals, including 60 students, participating in this year’s workshop.  

One NC State student participant, Mai Listokin, says, “I had the pleasure of attending the inspiring Blue Economy Workshop. I was fortunate to listen to experts from interdisciplinary fields, from scientists in the marine conservation and fisheries industry, entrepreneurs, economists, professionals of coastal tourism, and lawyers.

Additionally, I was able to collaborate with students from diverse majors and those at CMAST to brainstorm innovative solutions to today’s urgent environmental challenges. The workshop intertwined academic passion with entrepreneurship for a greener tomorrow, and I am beyond grateful for this transformative and memorable experience!”